|Broadcast area||Huntsville, Alabama|
|First air date||March 2003|
|HAAT||204 meters (670 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||WAY Huntsville|
(Way-FM Media Group, Inc.)
WAYH (88.1 FM, "Way FM") is a non-commercial educational radio station licensed to serve Harvest, Alabama, USA. The station serves the greater Huntsville / Decatur area and is owned and operated by the WAY-FM Network. WAYH broadcasts a youth-oriented Contemporary Christian music format. The station's programming is also carried by several broadcast translators, including one serving downtown Huntsville at 99.5 FM.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on April 16, 2002. The new station was assigned the call letters WAYH by the FCC on April 24, 2002. WAYH received its license to cover from the FCC on March 11, 2003.
Notable local on-air personalities include morning show host Jack Davis. Davis also serves as operations manager for the station. Other notable weekday personalities include morning show co-host Wendy, midday host Jeff Connell, and afternoon host Donna Cruz. The syndicated Total Axxess program from Nashville, Tennessee, airs on weekday evenings.
The station operates an outreach program called "Christmas Prayers" to help needy families in the Tennessee Valley during the Christmas holiday season. The program, started in December 2003, accepts e-mailed nominations by co-workers, neighbors, or relatives of the families.
Awards and honors
In March 2007, WAYH program director Ace McKay was named as a finalist for the Echo Award for Program Director of the Year (Markets 101+) by the Christian Music Broadcasters.
|City of license||ERP
|W297AP||107.3||Golden Springs, Alabama||10||D||FCC|
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19950413ME)". FCC Media Bureau. April 16, 2002.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-20030307AAO)". FCC Media Bureau. March 11, 2003.
- Peterson, Kevin (2007-08-21). "Davis Finds WAY To Huntsville". Radio & Records. Retrieved 2007-12-30.
Jack Davis has been named the new operations director and morning personality for Christian CHR WAYH (WAY-FM)/Huntsville, Ala.
- "Christian station finds a way to help the needy". The Huntsville Times. Huntsville, Alabama. 2006-12-13.
- "Echo Awards Finalists Set". Radio & Records. 2007-03-05.