|Slogan||"Community Radio; Voice of the People"|
|First air date||June 2010|
|HAAT||81 meters (266 ft)|
|Transmitter coordinates||Coordinates: (NAD83)|
|Affiliations||KZGM; Illinois Central College; Pacifica Radio|
|Owner||Sirius Syncope Inc.|
Station manager Jeremy Styninger applied for a license in March 1998. The station received its construction permit on 30 May 2007. In a December 2009 Illinois Central College board meeting, the college president announced an ICC contract to establish the station, and a map showing coverage from Mendota to Mason City and from Bushnell to Streator.
The station was reported on the air with Pacifica Radio programming on or before June 18, 2010. The station received its license on June 23, 2010, and was being operated by Illinois Central College with 36 hours/week of syndicated talk programs by the beginning of July 2010. By the end of July the station was simulcasting 88.1 KZGM Cabool, Missouri, with KZGM providing both Missouri and Peoria weather forecast announcements, while preparing for full Illinois Central College use. The first locally produced and longest running show is called "Peoria Underground Radio With Dj Mac & Hoz-B", it first aired on August 3, 2010 and ran for 2 hours. Peoria Underground Radio original schedule was every Tuesday starting at 10pm with a repeat of it that following Thursday in the same time slot, it featured local hip-hop, rap, and R&B as well as underground music from all over. Since then it has been changed to Saturday nights starting at 10pm and is now a five-hour show, the show is often live from local area clubs or bars, and the format slightly changed also, although mostly hip-hop and rap.
- "Radio News and Notes". Radio/DX Information from Wisconsin. Tim Noonan. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
The date (which changes at midnight central) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place ... June 18: IL Peoria WAZU 90.7 signs on with liberal talk from Pacifica (John Clemmer)
- Tarter, Steve (2010-07-31). "On the Air: Something new hits airwaves". PJStar.com (Peoria, Illinois: Gatehouse Media). Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Tarter, Steve (2010-07-04). "On the Air: ICC radio to connect with community". Peoria Journal Star (Peoria, Illinois: Gatehouse Media). p. C3. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WAZU. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "Illinois Central College: Open Session of the Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees: Minutes" (PDF). 2009-12-17. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- called the station
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WAZU
- Radio-Locator information on WAZU
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WAZU
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|