|Broadcast area||North America, Europe & Asia|
|Branding||WBCQ, The Planet|
First air date
|September 8, 1998|
Call sign meaning
|Weiner Broadcasting Company Q|
WBCQ is a shortwave radio station operating at Monticello, Maine, United States. The station is owned and operated by Allan Weiner, who also owns and operates WXME AM 780 kHz and WBCQ-FM 94.7 MHz at the shortwave site. WBCQ began operation on September 8, 1998 on 7.415 MHz. The station transmits talk shows and other programs produced by commercial networks as well as former pirate radio broadcasters, including Weiner himself.
Rotatable antenna and 500kW transmitter
Acquisition of World Harvest Radio International
As of 2020, WBCQ broadcasts on 7.49 MHz (41m band) with a full 24-hour schedule, including original programming in the late-afternoon and evening hours (Eastern time zone); the remaining time is leased to R.G. Stair's Overcomer Ministry. WBCQ also broadcasts on 3.265 MHz (mostly dormant), 6.16 MHz (a secondary frequency that operates evenings), and 9.33 MHz (a full-time lease-out to World's Last Chance.)
- Brown, Dan. "WBCQ. The Planet.", Monitoring Times. Vol. 27, No. 9. September 2008. p. 10-13. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- Ciment, James (2015). Social Issues in America: An Encyclopedia: An Encyclopedia. Routledge. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- Berg, Jerome S. (2008). Broadcasting on the Short Waves, 1945 to Today. McFarland & Company. pp. 24, 371, 383. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- WBCQ reveals organization behind their new 500 kW transmitter, The SWLing Post, 2018-05-15, accessed 2020-02-18
- Radio Insight: "Station Sales Week Of 8/14", August 14, 2020.
- Video: WBCQ/World’s Last Chance Radio – Technical Notes, The SWLing Post, 2021-04-18, accessed 2021-09-14