|Broadcast area||Southwestern Virginia
|Branding||"Classic Country 98-1"|
|Slogan||"Playing 50 Years of Country"|
|Frequency||98.1 FM MHz|
|First air date||December 15, 1961|
|Power||100,000 Watts horizontal
96,000 watts vertical
|HAAT||535 meters (1,755 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||W Blue Ridge Family (Radio)|
|Former callsigns||WBOB-FM (1961–1985)
|Affiliations||CBS Radio News
Virginia News Network
|Owner||Blue Ridge Radio, Inc.|
WBRF is a Classic country, Bluegrass and Americana formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Galax, Virginia, serving Southwestern Virginia, Southside Virginia and the Piedmont Triad. WBRF is owned and operated by Blue Ridge Radio, Inc.
WBRF-FM broadcasts the classic country music show, "Blue Ridge Back Roads", live from the Rex Theater in Galax weekly. It also broadcasts from the Old Fiddler's Convention every August in Felt's Park, also in Galax.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 2010 (PDF). ProQuest, LLC/Reed Publishing (Nederland), B.V. 2010. p. D-564. Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- "Call Sign History". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- "WBRF Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- Rex Theater: About the Venue
- Classic Country 98-1 Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WBRF
- Radio-Locator information on WBRF
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WBRF
|This article about a radio station in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|