|Broadcast area||Upstate South Carolina & Greenville County, South Carolina|
|Slogan||"Carolina Super Hits!"|
|Format||Oldies/Beach music/Classic Hits|
|Former callsigns||WEZG-LP (2014-2016)|
|Owner||Quality Radio Partners, Inc|
WZWK-LP is an Oldies/Beach Music radio station licensed to Greenville, South Carolina and serving the entire Greenville County region, including Greenville, Greer, Taylors and all areas within. The Quality Radio Partners outlet is licensed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to broadcast at 101.5 MHz with an ERP of 100 W. The station goes by the name "Oldies 101.5."
WZWK-LP started broadcast as a Gold Based adult contemporary station on July 2, 2014 and still provides a locally owned & operated full-service music based station. WZWK-LP is owned by Greenville, South Carolina based Quality Radio Partners. The transmitter tower located near the geographic center of the population.
WZWK became Oldies 101.5 on November 19, 2018 and plays a Carolina based blend of oldies/classic hits from the 60s, 70s & 80s.
WZWK-LP first went on the air as WEZG-LP on July 2, 2014 with a 24-hour mix of songs with "Abigail" as the subject matter. The station frequency, studios and operation were developed by Dave Solomon, a veteran of the radio business since 1979; having owned other radio stations and achieved ratings success as a program director & operations manager throughout the Carolinas (Greensboro, Raleigh, Myrtle Beach & others) for large radio groups like Clear Channel, Entercom, Cumulus and more. Solomon also was one of the creators and sole voice over talent for the SaveNetRadio Music Licensing Campaign, regarding licensing fees paid to SoundExchange, a performance rights organization. His political ads were broadcast on thousands of radio stations coast to coast and quoted in numerous national media. The Copyright Review Board proposed a huge rate increase, SaveNetRadio was victorious via Congress, in the passage of the Internet Radio Equality Act in July 2007. He also serves as the Executive Director for the Washington, DC advocacy group Low Power FM Advocacy Group (LPFM-FM), who files to protect the licensees of LPFM stations through multiple protective filing at the FCC.
On January 8, 2016, WEZG-LP changed its callsign to WBWT-LP and adopted the moniker "101-5 The Beat"
On November 19, 2018, the station changed its call sign to WZWK-LP.
- FCC Page - http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_det.pl?Application_id=1643023
- Radio-Locator Map - https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=WZWK-FL
- Audio - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb0enexsqns
- SaveNetRadio Audio - http://radioprofile.com/savenetradio/
- Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_radio#US_royalty_controversy
- FCC - https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/60001118601.pdf
- All Access Article - http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/131149/abigail-says-hello-to-greenville
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WZWK
- Radio-Locator information on WZWK-LP
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WZWK