WB Electronics Warmate is a micro loitering munition developed by Polish company WB Electronics. Warmate is in service with the Polish Army, which has ordered 1000 units. It can be equipped with several different payloads, including fragmentation, HEAT and thermobaric warheads.
Specs and capabilities
- Max airspeed: 80 kilometres per hour (50 mph)
- Max altitude: 500 metres (1,600 ft)
- Range: 40 kilometres (25 mi)
- Endurance: 50 minutes
- Weight: 4 kilograms (8.8 lb)
- Length: 1.1 metres (3 ft 7 in)
- Wingspan: 1.4 metres (4 ft 7 in)
- Warmate expendable UAV in production for two customers, Flight Global, April 2016
- (in Polish) Mariusz Cielma, Warmate - nowy powietrzny środek wsparcia ogniowego, „Nowa Technika Wojskowa”, nr 5 (2016), s. 92-95, ISSN 1230-1655.
- (in Polish) Bartosz Głowacki, Uniwersalny towarzysz broni, „Rapot”, nr 5 (2016), s. 24-28, ISSN 1429-270X.
- (in English) Manufacturer's webpage
- Poland orders thousand Warmate “suicide drones”, Colton Jones, Defence Blog, 20 November 2017