|Branding||"104.5 The X"|
WCCX (104.5 FM) is a student-run college radio station licensed to Waukesha, Wisconsin, and serving the Carroll University campus and area immediately surrounding it. They are owned by Carroll University. WCCX is also known as "The X" and "The voice of Carroll University," and plays an eclectic mix typical of college radio, including music from both major label and independent artists. WCCX is also the only media outlet covering Carroll Pioneer athletic events. The original call letters for the station were WCCZ.
The Station is a completely Student run organization at the college, allowing in more freedom for choice of music than your standard radio station.
- Station Manager - Christopher Blanchard
- Program Director - Brooke Bushor
- Production Manager - Peter Hoppe
- Archivist/Secretary - Sam Grosenick
- Treasurer - Lauren Wanta
- Webmaster - Willie Becker
- Music Director - Zachary Zarb
- Assistant Music Director - Nick Caulley
- Promotions Director - Nick Nieber
- Events - Allison Duenow
The WCCX studios are located in the lower level of the Carroll University "Campus Center" (student union) building. The Campus Center building also houses the antenna from which WCCX transmits its 10 watt signal, which can be heard throughout most of the city of Waukesha. Upon leaving the city in any direction, WCCX's signal is overtaken by WSLD, a full-power commercial station broadcasting from Whitewater, 30 miles away.
WCCX can also be heard around the world via the internet at wccx.carrollu.edu.
- WCCX's official webpage
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WCCX
- Radio-Locator information on WCCX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WCCX
|This article about a radio station in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|