|City||Clinton, North Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Fayetteville, North Carolina|
|Slogan||"Christian Listening Network"|
|First air date||1994|
|Format||Christian Contemporary music|
|Former callsigns||WMXS (09/01/1991-01/29/1994)
|Owner||Christian Listening Network|
WCLN-FM (107.3 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a Christian Contemporary music format. Licensed to Clinton, North Carolina, USA, it serves the Fayetteville area. The station is currently owned by Christian Listening Network.
Larry Carr of Clinton operated WCLN, a daytime-only station on 1170, and WCLN-FM (then at 107.1 FM) prior to the 1991 purchase of the 16-year-old stations by Willis Broadcasting Corp. of Norfolk, Virginia. The stations' format would be adult contemporary music and oldies.
In 2000, WCLN-FM relocated its tower from Salemburg, NC to its current location near Stedman, NC. In conjunction with the tower relocation, the station was granted FCC approval to relocate its Main Studio to Fayetteville, NC.
2004 brought leadership changes to the station. The format drifted from Inspiration to Adult Contemporary (AC) Christian music, becoming a Radio & Records reporting station in early 2005.
- "Call Sign History (WCLN-FM)". Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- "Raleigh-Durham FM Dial". Archived from the original on 2003-02-01. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- "Virginia Firm Buys Clinton Radio Station," The Fayetteville Observer, July 13, 1991.
- Michael Futch, "It's All Christmas, All the Time at WFLB," The Fayetteville Observer, December 9, 1994.
- "The Cape Fear Region's Information Resources," The Fayetteville Observer, March 22, 1997.
- On The Air, "Stations on the Move," The Fayetteville Observer, September 20, 2000.
- Radio and Records, Reporting Stations, http://www.radioandrecords.com.
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WCLN
- Radio-Locator information on WCLN
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WCLN
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|