|City||Pine City, Minnesota|
|Broadcast area||East Central Minnesota and Northwest Wisconsin|
|Branding||Classic Hits 106.5FM- Pine Hits 106|
|Translator(s)||106.5 W293DA (Pine City)|
|First air date||June 13, 1957|
|Power||1,000 watts day
52 watts night
|Owner||Alan R. Quarnstrom
(Q Media Properties, LLC)
WCMP (1350 AM) is a radio station in Pine City, Minnesota. It has a classic hits format, and broadcasts 24 hours a day. The station first signed on in 1957. It started out as a Full Service MOR station broadcasting only through the day hours, but transformed into Full Service AC in the mid-1980s.
It is owned by Alan R. Quarnstrom, through licensee Q Media Properties, and has studios at 15429 Pokegama Lake Rd. This facility is shared with sister station WCMP-FM. Its signal can be heard with in a six-county area.
On September 16, 2016, Red Rock Radio announced that it would sell WCMP and WCMP-FM to Q Media Properties; the sale was completed on November 30, 2016 at a purchase price of $300,000. On April 17, 2017 WCMP changed their format from adult standards to classic hits, branded as "Pine Hits 106".
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-239. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- Venta, Lance (September 16, 2016). "Red Rock Radio Continues Sell-Off With Two Deals". RadioInsight. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- "Consummation Notice". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. December 2, 2016. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WCMP
- Radio-Locator Information on WCMP
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WCMP
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W293DA
- Radio-Locator information on W293DA
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|