|Broadcast area||Biloxi-Gulfport, Mississippi|
|Branding||97-9 CPR Rocks|
(Alpha Media Licensee LLC)
WCPR-FM (97.9 FM) is a radio station licensed to Wiggins, Mississippi. Its transmitter is located in Saucier, Mississippi, on a 466-foot tower at 50,000 watts of power. WCPR plays primarily rock and alternative music. The station's signal reaches far west to Covington, Louisiana, far east to Mobile, Alabama, and far north as Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
The station started out with a country music format as US98 from 1994-1995. On September 20, 1995, the station dropped country for Active Rock as "Real Rock 97.9 WCPR" and became the first new rock station on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
In 1999, WCPR were the first radio station to play the popular song 'Kryptonite' by 3 Doors Down, which was eventually released on the 17th January 2000. in 2012, WCPR was nominated for a RadioContraband Rock Radio Award for "Medium Market Radio Station of the Year"
97-9 CPR currently ranks at #7 (5.5) in the Gulfport-Biloxi market according to the Spring 2015 Nielsen ratings release.
- Morning Show (5:30am-10am): Walton & Johnson
- Mid-Days (10am-2pm): The Scot Fox Super Show - Scot Fox
- Afternoon Drive (2pm-6pm): Rock Chick Riley Knight
- Evenings (6pm-10pm): Josh "Danger" McQueen
- Weekend's/Fill-ins: Kyle Curley,& "Weerd" Wayne Watkins
- Program Director: Kenny Vest
- Music Director: Scot Fox
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WCPR
- Radio-Locator information on WCPR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WCPR
|This article about a radio station in Mississippi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|