|Broadcast area||Dubuque, Iowa and Vicinity|
|Slogan||The Greatest Hits of the 70s, 80s and More!|
|First air date||1989 (as WJOD)|
|Callsign meaning||We are DuBuQue FM|
|Former callsigns||WJOD (1988-1999)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Dubuque License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KLYV, KXGE, WDBQ-AM, WJOD|
WDBQ-FM (107.5 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a classic hits format. Located near Galena, Illinois, United States, the station serves the Dubuque, Iowa area. The station is owned by Townsquare Media and licensed to Townsquare Media Dubuque License, LLC.
The station went on the air as WJOD on 1988-05-06. On 1999-02-08, the station changed its call sign to the current WDBQ-FM As WJOD the station broadcast a Country Music format, which is now located at 103.3 MHz.
WDBQ-FM changed formats from oldies (60s and 70s) to the more modern classic hits format, which focuses more on music from the 1970s and 1980s. This occurred on November 14, 2008. The "Oldies 107.5" moniker was also replaced, WDBQ-FM now goes as "Q107.5".
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Cumulus Media would swap its stations in Dubuque (including WDBQ-FM) and Poughkeepsie, New York to Townsquare Media in exchange for Peak Broadcasting's Fresno, California stations. The deal was part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare, Peak, and Dial Global are all controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
- "WDBQ-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WDBQ Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WDBQ
- Radio-Locator information on WDBQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WDBQ
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|