|Broadcast area||Hartford, Connecticut|
|Slogan||The Talk of Connecticut|
(also on HD Radio via WDRC-FM-HD3)
|First air date||December 10, 1922|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Affiliations||Westwood One, Fox News Radio, Talk Radio Network|
(Connoisseur Media Licenses, LLC)
|Sister stations||WDRC-FM, WSNG, WWCO, WMMW|
WDRC is the flagship station of a cluster of four Connecticut stations running a talk radio format with the slogan "The Talk of Connecticut" The other stations are WSNG in Torrington, WWCO in Waterbury and WMMW in Meriden. Brad Davis hosts the morning show, interviewing local newsmakers and politicians. The rest of the day features syndicated programs, including The Dave Ramsey Show and The Savage Nation with additional programming from Fox News Radio, Talk Radio Network and Westwood One.
The Talk of Connecticut stations also broadcast sporting events including New York Yankees major league baseball, New Britain Bees member of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, Hartford Hawks college basketball and high school sports.
On March 5, 2014, Buckley Broadcasting announced that it would sell its Connecticut radio stations, including WDRC, to Connoisseur Media. Buckley had owned an interest in the station since 1957, assuming full control in 1959. The sale was consummated on July 7, 2014, at a price of $7,922,035.
|Call sign||Frequency||City of license|
|WMMW||1470 AM||Meriden, Connecticut|
|WSNG||610 AM||Torrington, Connecticut|
|WWCO||1240 AM||Waterbury, Connecticut|
- Collins, Michael. "Time Line For Connecticut Broadcasting". Connecticut Broadcaster's Association.
- Fillo, Maryellen (March 5, 2014). "Buckley Sells WDRC And CT Stations To Connoisseur". Hartford Courant. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- 1992 Broadcasting Yearbook, page A-62
- WDRC Website
- History for WDRC
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WDRC
- Radio-Locator Information on WDRC
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WDRC
- FCC History Cards for WDRC
|This article about a radio station in Connecticut is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|