|Broadcast area||Binghamton, New York|
|Branding||100.5 The Drive|
|Callsign meaning||W DRivE|
|Former callsigns||WXEJ (1992-1995)
|Owner||Equinox Broadcasting Corporation|
WDRE (100.5 FM) is a radio station broadcasting an alternative rock format. Licensed to Susquehanna, Pennsylvania, USA, the station serves the Binghamton area. The station is currently owned by Equinox Broadcasting Corporation.
The Drive was formerly known as 100.5 The Met, CD 100, and later as Cool 100. From May 1995 until early 1996, The Met aired a Classic Hits format leaning heavily on rock from the 70's and 80's (similar to Rock without the Hard Edge). Early in 1996 the station changed formats, and was known as CD 100. CD 100 played a modern rock format, until a vote was taken and the format was flipped to oldies. From then, the station was known as Cool 100. On June 18, 2013, Cool 100 was simulcasted on the former WRRQ, until the format changed once again in August 2013.
On August 16, 2013 WCDW changed their call letters to WDRE, and also changed formats from oldies, back to alternative rock.
On-air line up
- Thunder Reynolds - 6am till 10am
- John Fanning - 10am till 3pm
- The Clint Show - 3pm till 8pm
- Dave Weeks - 8pm till 12am
In addition to the main station, WDRE is relayed by additional translators to widen its broadcast area.
|City of license||ERP
|W236AP||95.1||Binghamton, New York||99||D||FCC|
|W254BH||98.7||Endwell, New York||130||D||FCC|
|W275BC||102.9||Chenango Bridge, New York||57||D||FCC|
- "WDRE Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WDRE Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Alternative WDRE Returns On 100.5 The Drive In Binghamton". AllAccess.com.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WDRE
- Radio-Locator information on WDRE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WDRE
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|