|WEC 33: Marshall vs. Stann|
A poster or logo for WEC 33: Marshall vs. Stann.
|Promotion||World Extreme Cagefighting|
|Date||March 26, 2008|
|Venue||Hard Rock Hotel and Casino|
A rematch for the WEC Middlweight Championship between champion Paulo Filho and Chael Sonnen was advertised for this event, but Filho dropped out three weeks prior to the fight for personal reasons. Sonnen remained on the card, and instead faced Bryan Baker, who was pulled from an undercard bout with Logan Clark to face Sonnen. Clark's new opponent was WEC newcomer Scott Harper. The Filho/Sonnen rematch was later rescheduled for WEC 36 in November 2008, where Sonnen defeated Filho in a non-title match, after Filho failed to make weight.
|Light Heavyweight||Brian Stann||def.||Doug Marshall (c)||KO (punches)||1||1:35||[a]|
|Middleweight||Chael Sonnen||def||Bryan Baker||Decision (unanimous) (30-26, 30-25, 30-25)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Marcus Hicks||def||Ed Ratcliff||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||1:42|
|Light Heavyweight||Steve Cantwell||def||Tim McKenzie||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||2:13|
|Welterweight||Hiromitsu Miura||def||Blas Avena||KO (punches)||1||2:35|
|Welterweight||Brock Larson||def||John Alessio||Disqualification (illegal knee)||1||1:50|
|Lightweight||Richard Crunkilton||def||Sergio Gomez||Decision (unanimous) (30-26, 30-27, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Alex Serdyukov||def||Ryan Stonitsch||Submission (triangle choke)||1||1:35|
|Bantamweight||Chris Manuel||vs.||Kenji Osawa||Draw (split) (28-29, 29-28, 28-28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Logan Clark||def||Steve Harper||TKO (strikes)||1||4:37|
- For the Light Heavyweight Championship.
- Brian Stann: $18,000 (includes $9,000 win bonus) def. Doug Marshall: $10,000
- Chael Sonnen: $34,000 ($17,000 win bonus) def. Bryan Baker: $5,000
- Marcus Hicks: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Ed Ratcliff: $7,000
- Steve Cantwell: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Tim McKenzie: $6,000
- Hiromitsu Miura: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Blas Avena: $6,000
- Brock Larson: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. John Alessio: $15,000
- Rich Crunkilton: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Sergio Gomez $4,000
- Alex Serdyukov: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Ryan Stonitsch: $3,000
- Chris Manuel: $3,000 vs. Kenji Osawa: $5,000 ^
- Logan Clark: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Scott Harper: $3,000
^Both fighters earned show money; bout declared majority draw.
- World Extreme Cagefighting
- List of World Extreme Cagefighting champions
- List of WEC events
- 2008 in WEC
- "WEC 33 Stann vs. Marshall RESULTS". 5 oz. of Pain. Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- Paulo Filho Not Fighting at WEC 33 . Bloody Elbow. Retrieved on 2011-11-02.
- "Official WEC 33 Salaries". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved March 28, 2008.