|WEC 33: Marshall vs. Stann|
|Promotion||World Extreme Cagefighting|
|Date||March 26, 2008|
|Venue||Hard Rock Hotel and Casino|
A rematch for the WEC Middlweight Championship between champion Paulo Filho and Chael Sonnen was advertised for this event, but Filho dropped out three weeks prior to the fight for personal reasons. Sonnen remained on the card, and instead faced Bryan Baker, who was pulled from an undercard bout with Logan Clark to face Sonnen. Clark's new opponent was WEC newcomer Scott Harper. The Filho/Sonnen rematch was later rescheduled for WEC 36 in November 2008, where Sonnen defeated Filho in a non-title match, after Filho failed to make weight.
- Middleweight bout: Logan Clark vs. Scott Harper
Clark defeated Scott Harper via TKO (Strikes) at 4:37 of round 1.
- Bantamweight bout: Chris Manuel vs. Kenji Osawa
Manuel and Osawa fought to a split draw after three rounds. The judges scored the fight 29–28 (Osawa), 29–28 (Manuel) and 28–28.
- Welterweight bout: Alex Serdyukov vs. Ryan Stonitsch
Serdyukov defeated Stonitsch via submission (Triangle Choke) at 1:35 of Round 1.
- Lightweight bout: Richard Crunkilton vs. Sergio Gomez
Crunkilton defeated Gomez via unanimous decision (30–26, 30–27, 29–28). This bout, although preliminary, was aired on the live broadcast.
Larson defeated Alessio via disqualification (Illegal Knee) at 1:50 of Round 1.
Miura defeated Avena via TKO (Punches) at 2:35 of Round 1. This bout, although preliminary, was aired on the live broadcast.
Cantwell defeated McKenzie via submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:13 of round 1.
Hicks defeated Ratcliff via submission (Guillotine Choke) at 1:42 of round 1.
Sonnen defeated Baker via unanimous decision (30–26, 30–25, 30–25).
Stann defeated Marshall via KO (Punches) at 1:35 of round 1 to become the new WEC Light Heavyweight champion.
- Brian Stann: $18,000 (includes $9,000 win bonus) def. Doug Marshall: $10,000
- Chael Sonnen: $34,000 ($17,000 win bonus) def. Bryan Baker: $5,000
- Marcus Hicks: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Ed Ratcliff: $7,000
- Steve Cantwell: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Tim McKenzie: $6,000
- Hiromitsu Miura: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Blas Avena: $6,000
- Brock Larson: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. John Alessio: $15,000
- Rich Crunkilton: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Sergio Gomez $4,000
- Alex Serdyukov: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Ryan Stonitsch: $3,000
- Chris Manuel: $3,000 vs. Kenji Osawa: $5,000 ^
- Logan Clark: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Scott Harper: $3,000
^Both fighters earned show money; bout declared majority draw.
- "WEC 33 Stann vs. Marshall RESULTS". 5 oz. of Pain. Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- Paulo Filho Not Fighting at WEC 33 . Bloody Elbow. Retrieved on 2011-11-02.
- "Official WEC 33 Salaries". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved March 28, 2008.