|Branding||Country Gold Radio|
|Translator(s)||W230AX (93.9, Shippensburg)|
|First air date||December 5, 1961 (as WSHP)|
|Format||Classic Country (WIOO simulcast)|
|Power||460 watts (day)
6 watts (night)
|Owner||Shippensburg Broadcasting, Inc|
|Sister stations||WIOO, WCAT-FM|
|Webcast||Listen Live streaming URL|
WEEO - AM is simulcast via a first generation studio to transmitter audio link on 93.9 MHz in stereo 24/7. This station can be heard in Shippensburg, Chambersburg and Newville, PA. WEEO AM's station motto is Shippensburg first.
Arthur Greiner founded the station, originally known as WSHP, back in 1961. The name of the original licensee was Town Radio, Inc. Greiner served as the company's president and the station's general manager.
WSHP originally operated with a daytime power output of 500 watts daytime. It remained a daytime-only station until it received nighttime power authorization in the late 1980s that allowed it to operate at 20 watts.
Sale to Allegheny Mountain Network
Cary Simpson's Allegheny Mountain Network group of station purchased the station in October 1996. On April 28, 2000, the station changed its call letters to WEEO. On August 1, 2005, Simpson agreed to sell WEEO to its current owner, Eric Swidler, for $65,000.
In 2008 due to major mechanical failure of the internal radiator element of the Valcom, the station constructed a 150-foot folded unipole designed by R.Morgan Burrow, Jr. P.E., which yields a higher operating efficiency than the Valcom fiberglass antenna that had been used.
- 1963 Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
- 1967 Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
- 1972 Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
- 1980 Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
- 1990 Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
- 1995 Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
- 1998 Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
- 2000 Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WEEO
- Radio-Locator Information on WEEO
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WEEO
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W230AX
- Radio-Locator information on W230AX
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|