From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Broadcast area||Harrisonburg, Virginia
Rockingham County, Virginia
|Slogan||"Classical Music and BBC News"|
|Frequency||93.3 FM MHz|
|First air date||1955|
|HAAT||58 meters (190 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||W Eastern Mennonite College
former name of EMU
|Former callsigns||WEMC (1955-Present)|
|Affiliations||BBC World Service
National Public Radio
|Owner||Eastern Mennonite University
(Board of Trustees of Eastern Mennonite University)
WEMC is a Classical music and Public Radio formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Harrisonburg, Virginia, serving Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, Virginia. WEMC is owned and operated by Eastern Mennonite University.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 2010 (PDF). ProQuest, LLC/Reed Publishing (Nederland), B.V. 2010. p. D-565. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- "Call Sign History". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- "WEMC Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- WEMC 91.7 Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WEMC
- Radio-Locator information on WEMC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WEMC
|This article about a radio station in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|