|Power||5,000 watts (day only)|
|Callsign meaning||"William Earnest Rankin Hugh"
"Where Entertainment Rates High"
|Owner||Kate F. Fite|
WERH (970 AM) was a radio station licensed to serve Hamilton, Alabama. The station was owned by Kate F. Fite. It aired a Southern Gospel music format on partial weekday mornings and all-day Sunday while playing a Country music format on weekday mornings and afternoons.
Although Kate F. Fite was still listed as the station's licensee in the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) database, she died on June 15, 2001, and the station's December 2003 license renewal application lists the licensee as "Kate F. Fite (deceased), Martha H. Fowler, & Megan Summerford."
The station was assigned the WERH call letters by the FCC.
WERH's license was cancelled by the FCC on February 12, 2015, due to the station having been silent for more than twelve months (since November 8, 2012).
- Butler, Harry. "Alabama's First Broadcast Stations". Alabama Broadcasters Association.
- "FM History Profile: WERH". Alabama Broadcast Media Page. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "WERH Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Search Results". Social Security Death Index. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Application Search Details (BR-20031208BLC)". FCC Media Bureau. 2004-03-26. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WERH
- Radio-Locator Information on WERH
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WERH
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|