|First air date||2004|
|Callsign meaning||Windover Farms Homeowners' Association|
|Owner||Windover Farms of Melbourne Homeowners' Association, Inc.|
WFHA-LP (94.1 FM) is a low-powered radio station licensed to Melbourne, Florida, United States. The station's broadcast license is held by the Windover Farms of Melbourne Homeowners' Association.
The station broadcasts a variety of music, including smooth jazz and oldies, as part of a community-oriented adult contemporary music format. Specialty programming includes Planetary Radio, a weekly show about space exploration and astronomy produced by The Planetary Society, and Medical Edge Radio News, a daily health segment produced by the Mayo Clinic.
The current licensee applied to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the construction permit to build this station in June 2001. The FCC granted this permit on June 8, 2004, with a scheduled expiration date of December 8, 2005. The station was assigned its WFHA-LP call letters on June 19, 2004. It is licensed to Windover Farms of Melbourne Homeowners' Association, Inc. from which the call sign is derived. In November 2004, with construction complete and testing underway, the station applied for its license to cover. WFHA-LP was granted that license on March 3, 2005.
The station serves Windover Farms, Lake Washington, Suntree, northern Melbourne, and southern Viera, Florida. Because of its short transmitter tower and ERP of only 100 watts it is impossible to pick up this station west of Lake Washington, a mile south of Sarno Road, and the rest of Brevard County. However, its signal covers about 44,000 people in a 35-square-mile (91 km2) area and can reach the Atlantic Ocean.
- Fritz, Ken; Fritz, Norah (2008). The United States Radio Directory: A Traveler's Favorite Companion 2008-2009. p. 35. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Planetary Radio Carriage Guide". The Planetary Society. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Medical Edge Radio Affiliates". Mayo Clinic. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Application Search Details (BNPL-20010611ADO)". FCC Media Bureau. June 8, 2004. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau. June 19, 2004. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Application Search Details (BLL-20041110ABT)". FCC Media Bureau. March 3, 2005. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- WFHA-LP official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WFHA
- Radio-Locator information on WFHA-LP
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WFHA
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|