|Broadcast area||Bridgeport, Connecticut|
|Branding||95.9 The Fox|
|Slogan||Fairfield County Rocks|
|Frequency||95.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1966 (as WDRN)|
|HAAT||91.1 meters (299 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||We're The FOX or Fairfield cOunty roX|
|Former callsigns||WDRN (1966-1975)|
|Owner||Connoisseur Media |
(Connoisseur Media Licenses, LLC)
|Sister stations||WEZN-FM, WPLR, WYBC-FM, WEBE, WICC|
WFOX (95.9 FM, "95.9 The Fox") is a radio station broadcasting a classic rock format. The station is licensed to Southport, Connecticut, United States, and it serves the Bridgeport area. The station is owned by Connoisseur Media as of May 10, 2013. Its studios are located on Wheelers Farms Road in Milford, Connecticut and the transmitter site is in Norwalk, Connecticut.
On May 13, 2019, WFOX relaunched its classic rock format towards 1980s-2000s rock.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- Venta, Lance (May 6, 2013). "Cox Sells Stations In Six Markets To Two Groups". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- http://www.fybush.com/NERW/2006/060424/nerw.html, Retrieved on 2008/05/15.
- WFOX Moves to Next Generation of Classic Rock Radioinsight - May 13, 2019
- 95.9 The Fox official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WFOX
- Radio-Locator information on WFOX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WFOX
|This article about a radio station in Connecticut is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|