- WFTI redirects here. For the television station in Poughkeepsie, New York that once held these calls, see WTBY-TV.
|City||St. Petersburg, Florida|
|Broadcast area||Tampa Bay|
|Branding||The Joy FM|
|Slogan||"Helping You Find JOY"|
|Format||Defunct (formerly Christian AC)|
|Owner||Radio Training Network, Inc.|
WFTI-FM (91.7 FM) was a radio station broadcasting a Christian AC format. Licensed to St. Petersburg, Florida, USA, it served the Tampa Bay area. The station was owned by the Radio Training Network, repeating the signal of Bradenton-based WJIS 88.1 MHz.
Prior to October 2012, the station was owned by the Family Radio ministry, rebroadcasting most programs broadcast by that network. That month, WFTI was purchased by the Radio Training Network for $2.5 Million. In early March 2013, shortly after the sale was completed, WFTI began broadcasting The Joy FM programming, fully simulcasting the schedule of WJIS.
On November 21, 2013, the licensee surrendered the station's license to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The licensee noted that the surrender was necessary to begin signal improvements of its sister stations WCIE 91.5 New Port Richey and WJFH 91.7 Sebring, both, like WFTI, simulcasting WJIS. The FCC cancelled WFTI-FM's license on November 21, 2013.
- Venta, Lance Family Radio Sells 91.7 WFTI St. Petersburg Radio Insight. October 16, 2012. Accessed October 26, 2012
- FCC CDSB Application Search for WFTI-FM. Accessed March 5, 2014
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WFTI
- Radio-Locator information on WFTI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WFTI
|This article about a Christian radio station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|