|City||WFWN: Fort Myers, Florida
WNOG: Naples, Florida
|Branding||The Fan 97.3|
|Frequency||WFWN: 1240 kHz
WNOG: 1270 kHz
|Translator(s)||97.3 W247AQ (Tropical Gulf Acres)|
|First air date||WFWN: 1939
|Power||WFWN: 1,000 watts
WNOG: 5,000 watts fulltime
|Facility ID||WFWN: 2882
|Affiliations||CBS Sports Radio|
|Owner||Sun Broadcasting, Inc.|
|Sister stations||WARO, WFSX-FM, WXNX|
|Website||The Fan 97.3|
For years, the 1240kHz frequency was home to WINK, Southwest Florida's oldest radio station. It first signed on in 1939 as WFTM, becoming WAAC in 1942 and WINK in 1944. It later spawned an FM station and a television station, both of whom still carry the WINK calls.
WFWN's programming can also be heard on WNOG (1270 AM) in Naples, Florida.
It was announced that as of July 22, 2013, Fox News programming will no longer be available on 1240 AM and 1270 AM.
The station flipped to NBC Sports Radio on July 22, 2013 at 6:00 am.
Currently carrying CBS Sports programming 24/7. On Tue. Sept. 8, 2015 station dropped the Jim Rome show from noon to 3 pm and is now carrying Colin Cowherd through the end of the year, and will determine if it will continue in that slot based on ratings. No other details were released by the station in its abrupt change in that time slot which caught listeners by surprise. Called "KB" from the show and he said the only way as of now to listen to Rome was on the internet.
|City of license||ERP
|W247AQ||97.3||Tropical Gulf Acres, Florida||250||D||FCC|
- Facebook 92.5 Fox News, retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Station Sales Week Of 7/3: Disney Exits Sacramento. Lance Venta, RadioInsight July 3, 2015.
- Official website
- Facebook 1240 & 1270 The Fan
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WFWN
- Radio-Locator Information on WFWN
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WFWN
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WNOG
- Radio-Locator Information on WNOG
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WNOG
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W247AQ
- Radio-Locator information on W247AQ
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|