|City||Manchester Township, Pennsylvania|
|Broadcast area||York, Pennsylvania|
96.1 MHz WSOX-HD4
|First air date||December 8, 1950 (as WGCB)|
|Power||730 watts day
53 watts night
|Callsign meaning||W GoLD|
|Former callsigns||WGCB (1950-1997)
|Affiliations||CBS Sports Radio|
|Owner||Cumulus Media Inc.
(Radio License Holding SRC LLC)
|Sister stations||WARM-FM, WSBA, WSOX|
Listen Live via iHeart
WGLD (1440 AM) is a commercial AM radio station licensed to serve Manchester Township, Pennsylvania. The station is owned by Cumulus Media, Inc., through licensee Radio License Holding SRC LLC, and broadcasts a sports talk format as a CBS Sports Radio affiliate. Its broadcast tower is located near York at ( ).
In 1964, Norris went on a 15-minute diatribe against journalist Fred Cook. Cook, under Fairness Doctrine rules, requested a chance to rebut, and Norris refused, claiming the doctrine to be unconstitutional. A lawsuit ensued, which Cook won.
- "WGLD Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, Media Bureau, Audio Division. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "AM Query Results for WGLD, Federal Communications Commission". Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "History Cards for WGLD". United States Federal Communications Commission, Media Bureau, Audio Division. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "John Norris Obituary". York Daily Record & York Dispatch. 2008-09-30. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WGLD
- Radio-Locator Information on WGLD
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WGLD
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|