|City||Corning, New York|
|Broadcast area||Elmira, New York|
|Slogan||"Your Favorite Music Station!"|
|First air date||1989 (as WCBA-FM)|
|HAAT||220 meters (722 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||GMM = "Gem"|
|Former callsigns||WCBA-FM (1987-2005)|
|Owner||Vision Communications |
(Sound Communications, LLC)
|Sister stations||WCBA, WENI, WENY-FM, WENY, WENI-FM|
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on July 2, 1987. The new station was assigned the call letters WCBA-FM by the FCC on December 3, 1987. WCBA-FM received its license to cover from the FCC on March 23, 1990.
In April 1990, licensee Dean J. Slack reached an agreement to sell this station to Eolin Broadcasting, Inc. The deal was approved by the FCC on May 21, 1990, and the transaction was consummated on June 8, 1990.
Completing a swap between sister stations where the former WGMM became WCBA-FM (now WENY-FM) and this station, WCBA-FM's call letters were changed to WGMM-FM by the FCC on May 16, 2005. Just six weeks later, the station was assigned the current WGMM call letters by the FCC on June 29, 2005.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Application Search Details (BPH-19860408ME)". FCC Media Bureau. July 2, 1987.
- "Application Search Details (BLH-19890216KC)". FCC Media Bureau. March 23, 1990.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-19900315ED)". FCC Media Bureau. June 8, 1990.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WGMM
- Radio-Locator information on WGMM
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WGMM