|Broadcast area||Bangor, Maine|
|Branding||93.7 The Wave|
|Slogan||Refreshing and Relaxing|
|Translator(s)||94.1 W231CH (Bangor)|
|First air date||November 2011|
|Format||Soft Adult Contemporary (WRMO simulcast)|
|Power||1,000 watts day
640 watts night
(Pine Tree Broadcasting, LLC)
|Sister stations||WNZS, WRMO, WWNZ|
WGUY (1230 AM) is a radio station licensed to Veazie, Maine, USA. The station is currently owned by Charles Begin, through licensee Pine Tree Broadcasting, LLC. The station signed on in November 2011 as a simulcast of co-owned WNZS. In May 2012 WGUY broke away from the WNZS simulcast, began simulcasting on 94.1 FM and broadcasting an oldies format. WGUY is also one of the flagship stations of the Black Bear Sports Network, carrying University of Maine basketball, baseball, and softball. In the event of a conflict between the Maine Black Bears' men's and women's basketball teams, the women's game is relocated to co-owned WNZS or WWNZ.
|City of license||ERP
- "WGUY Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2009-08-25.
- Mahoney, Larry (August 21, 2013). "Rural radio stations excited about UMaine sports broadcasting arrangement". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- Wave Expands to Bangor
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WGUY
- Radio-Locator Information on WGUY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WGUY
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W231CH
- Radio-Locator information on W231CH
|This article about a radio station in Maine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|