|Broadcast area||Bangor, Maine|
|Branding||AM 1230 WGUY|
|Slogan||Bangor's Greatest Hits|
|First air date||November 2011|
1,000 watts day|
640 watts night
|Owner||Port Broadcasting, LLC|
|Sister stations||WBAN, WCYR|
WGUY (1230 AM) is a radio station licensed to Veazie, Maine, United States. The station is owned by Port Broadcasting, LLC. The station signed on in November 2011 as a simulcast of co-owned WNZS. In May 2012 WGUY broke away from the WNZS simulcast, began simulcasting on 94.1 FM and broadcasting an oldies format. WGUY is also one of the flagship stations of the Black Bear Sports Network, carrying University of Maine basketball, baseball, and softball. In the event of a conflict between the Maine Black Bears' men's and women's basketball teams, the women's game is relocated to co-owned WBAN (formerly WNZS) or WCYR.
On December 1, 2016, with the stations being sold to Port Broadcasting WGUY and W231CH broke the simulcast of WRMO. WGUY reverted to its Oldies format and W231CH began simulcasting WBAN, which inherited the soft AC format.  WRMO switched to the Maine Public Classical Network.
|City of license||ERP
- "WGUY Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2009-08-25.
- Mahoney, Larry (August 21, 2013). "Rural radio stations excited about UMaine sports broadcasting arrangement". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- Wave Expands to Bangor
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WGUY
- Radio-Locator Information on WGUY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WGUY
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W231CH
|This article about a radio station in Maine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|