|City||Hobson City, Alabama|
|Broadcast area||Anniston, Alabama|
|Branding||Anniston's Smooth Soul and R&B station.|
|Slogan||"#1 For Classic Soul and R & B"|
|Format||Smooth Soul and R&B|
|Power||500 watts (day)|
|Former callsigns||WHOX (1987-1988)
|Owner||Hobson City Broadcasting Company|
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on May 1, 1987. The new station was assigned the call letters WHOX by the FCC on June 9, 1987. The station while under construction changed its call letters to WJOK on November 1, 1988, and again to the current WHOG call letters on December 28, 1990. After several extensions to its construction permit, WHOG received its license to cover from the FCC on April 29, 1991.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.[dead link]
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "Application Search Details (BP-19860929AC)". FCC Media Bureau. May 1, 1987. Archived from the original on December 13, 2012.
- "Application Search Details (BL-19901226AF)". FCC Media Bureau. April 29, 1991.[dead link]
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WHOG
- Radio-Locator Information on WHOG
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WHOG
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|