|Broadcast area||Clarksville, TN-Hopkinsville, KY|
|Branding||NewsTalk 1230 AM/95.3 FM|
|Slogan||Hopkinsville's #1 Station for News, Weather, and Sports|
|Repeater(s)||W237BV (95.3 FM) Hopkinsville|
|First air date||January 6, 1940 |
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Audience share||1.9 (Fall 2007, R&R, )|
|Power||1,000 watts unlimited|
|Callsign meaning||HOPkinsville, Kentucky|
Cincinnati Reds Radio Network
Premiere Radio Networks
Nashville Predators Radio Network
UK Sports Network
|Owner||Forcht Group of Kentucky
(Hop Broadcasting, Inc.)
WHOP (1230 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to and serving Hopkinsville, Kentucky, USA, the station serves the Clarksville-Hopkinsville area radio market. The station is currently owned by Forcht Broadcasting.
As a news-talk-information format radio station, WHOP's programming content includes local newscasts, and public affairs programs. Syndicated radio programs on WHOP include The Rush Limbaugh Show, The Dave Ramsey Show, Coast to Coast AM, and America in the Morning. Hourly national news updates are provided by CBS Radio News. WHOP also provides programming from Premiere Radio Networks.
Sports programming on WHOP-AM includes regionally-syndicated sports packages of live coverage of games, including:
- MLB Cincinnati Reds baseball from the Cincinnati Reds Radio Network (April–October)
- University of Kentucky Wildcats football, men's, and women's basketball games from the UK Sports Network (September–March), and 
- NHL's Nashville Predators hockey from the Predators Radio Network (October–May).
|City of license||Class||FCC info|
- 2010 Broadcasting Yearbook, page D-241
- "Clarksville-Hopkinsville Market Ratings". Radio & Records.
- "Call Letter Origins". Radio History on the Web.
- "WHOP Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (1957). Official Kentucky Road Map. (Map). Frankfort: Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. Editor's note: Look for AM station list on the upper left corner of the document.
- WHOP-AM Broadcast Schedule
- "Radio Network Information & Affiliates". University of Kentucky Athletics.
- WHOP-AM Website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WHOP
- Radio-Locator Information on WHOP
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WHOP
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W237BV
- Radio-Locator information on W237BV
|This article about a radio station in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|