|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Frequency||103.1 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1976 (as WQEQ)|
HD2: Smooth Jazz
|Former callsigns||WQEQ (1976-?)
(Entercom Wilkes-Barre Scranton, LLC)
|Sister stations||WKRZ, WILK, WGGY, WKZN, WBZU, WMQX|
WILK-FM (103.1 FM, "WILK Newsradio") is a commercial FM radio station licensed to serve Avoca, Pennsylvania. The station is owned by Entercom Communications, through licensee Entercom Wilkes-Barre Scranton, LLC, and broadcasts a news/talk format. Its broadcast tower is located east of Yatesville, Pennsylvania at ( ). The station serves as the premiere station in the regionally simulcast WILK News Radio Network, a network of four radio stations owned by Entercom carrying local news and talk programming.
The radio station was originally licensed to Freeland, Pennsylvania and signed on in 1976 with the call sign WQEQ, known as "QE 103", when it ran a syndicated Top 40/Soft Rock radio format with some local news. From the late 1980s and into the early 1990s, the station switched to an oldies music radio format and was known as "Oldies 103". The station during this time period started to be simulcast on its sister station WXPX at 1300 kHz on AM. The simulcast relationship between the two stations exists again today even though both WQEQ and WXPX went through a number of call sign changes, format changes, ownership changes, and the 103.1 MHz FM signal was moved to Avoca. The stations, now known as WILK-FM and WKZN, both simulcast the WILK News Radio network.
- "FM Query Results for WILK". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- Brian Malina (September 24, 1995). "Part of Freeland Life Ends with Two Stations' Closure Radio Fans Reminisce As Big Changes Take Place In The Area's Entertainment Market". The Times Leader (Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania).
- Scott Fybush. "Northeast Radio Watch - October 6, 2003 - Pennsylvania". Retrieved October 6, 2003.[dead link]
- WILK official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WILK
- Radio-Locator information on WILK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WILK
- WILK-FM Signal Coverage Map from the FCC Database
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|