|City||Asheville, North Carolina|
|Branding||WISE Sports Radio|
|Translator(s)||102.9 MHz - (W275CP, (Canton, North Carolina)|
|Repeater(s)||970 kHz (WYSE)|
|First air date||1983|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)|
1,000 watts (night)
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio|
|Owner||Asheville Radio Partners|
WISE (1310 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a sports format. Licensed to Asheville, North Carolina, United States, it serves the Asheville area. The station is currently owned by Saga Communications Of North Carolina.
Early in 2002, Asheville Radio Partners, part of American Media Services LLC in Charleston, South Carolina, bought WISE and WOXL-FM, along with the stations' building on Lookout Road. Hal Green was general manager, as well as WOXL's operations manager.
On December 3, 2015, Asheville Radio Group announced WISE would also air on 97.3 FM.
- "Affiliate Radio Stations". The Official Site of the Atlanta Braves.
- Rose, Tracy (2002-06-05). "The 800-pound gorilla". Mountain XPress. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Tony Kiss, "WISE Radio Switches to All-Sports Programming", Asheville Citizen-Times, February 7, 2004.
- Patrick, Emily (December 3, 2015). "ESPN Asheville will air on FM radio". Asheville Citizen-Times. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Venta, Lance (May 1, 2018). "Saga Launches Pure Oldies In Asheville". radioinsight. Retrieved May 2, 2018.
- WISE official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WISE
- Radio-Locator Information on WISE
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WISE
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|