|Broadcast area||Lansing, Michigan|
|Slogan||Today's Best Country|
(also on HD Radio)
|First air date||1961 (as WMRT-FM)|
|Former callsigns||WYFE (1964-1966)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Lansing License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WFMK, WJIM, WJIM-FM, WMMQ, WVFN|
WITL-FM (100.7 MHz) is a radio station broadcasting a country music format. Licensed to Lansing, Michigan, and serving Ingham, Eaton and Clinton Counties in Michigan. It first began broadcasting in 1961 (as WMRT-FM). The station took the WITL-FM call sign in 1966, and adopted a full-time country music format in 1967. Originally, WITL-FM was simulcast with (now defunct) WITL (AM) at 1010 kHz. It is currently owned and operated by Townsquare Media. Notable station alumni include author and former ABC News correspondent Tim O'Brien and progressive talk show host Thom Hartmann. Tommy Waylon was on the air for several years before moving to Alaska and becoming involved in politics.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare would acquire 53 Cumulus Media stations, including WITL-FM, for $238 million. The deal was part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global were both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The transaction was consummated effective November 14, 2013.
WITL-FM is licensed for HD Radio operations. Its HD2 feed features the Olivet Nazarene University-owned "Shine.FM" Contemporary Christian music format originating at WONU in Kankakee, Illinois with local imaging, feeding ONU-owned analog translator W237BY 95.3 FM licensed to Mason with transmitter in downtown Lansing.
- www.radiostationworld.com, Thomas C Hokenson - email@example.com,. "RadioStationWorld - Michigan - Webcasters". radiostationworld.com.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WITL
- Radio-Locator information on WITL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WITL
|This article about a radio station in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|