|Broadcast area||Pontiac, Illinois|
|Branding||Classic Hits 98.9|
|Slogan||"Pontiac's Greatest Hits"|
|First air date||1998 (as WLDC)|
|HAAT||149 meters (489 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||W J EZ = "Easy"|
|Former callsigns||WDWT (1994-1997, CP)
|Affiliations||Dial Global CBS News|
(Cumulus Licensing LLC)
|Sister stations||WBNQ, WBWN, WJBC, WJBC-FM|
WJEZ (98.9 FM, "Classic Hits 98.9") is a radio station licensed to the community of Dwight, Illinois, USA, and serving the greater Livingston County, Illinois, area. The station is owned by Cumulus Media and licensed to Cumulus Licensing LLC, which purchased the station from Townsquare Media. It airs a classic hits music format. In addition, the station superserves the area with news and information in addition to religious programming on Sundays and oldies music on Fridays.
WJEZ broadcasts the Chicago Cubs. Whenever the Cubs were playing the St. Louis Cardinals, sister stations WJBC and WJBC-FM carried the Cardinals radio broadcasts as well, making it so that the two sister stations carried the same game, but with different broadcasts. WJEZ broadcasts high school football games, along with WJBC's Friday night football show.
On November 29, 2012, WJEZ changed their format from adult contemporary to classic hits.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Cumulus, Townsquare Swap Involves 65 Stations, 13 Markets, $116 Million Cash" from All Access (April 30, 2012)
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on March 1, 2010.
- WJEZ official website
- Radio Bloomington
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WJEZ
- Radio-Locator information on WJEZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WJEZ
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|