|City||North Wilkesboro, North Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Wilkesboro, North Carolina, United States|
|Branding||AM 800 WKBC|
|Power||1,000 watts day
308 watts night
|Owner||Wilkes Broadcasting Company|
WKBC (800 AM) is a radio station in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, United States. WKBC is licensed to broadcast with 1,000 watts in the daytime and 308 watts at night. The station is operated by Wilkes Broadcasting Company, Inc.
WKBC plays American Country music.
WKBC's morning show, hosted by Steve Handy, features the "WKBC Hometown Opry" the second Friday of each month. The Opry features live performances by local, regional, and even national folk and bluegrass musicians. Wilkes County's location as the site of the annual MerleFest - the largest folk and bluegrass music festival in the nation - has led to the Hometown Opry attracting prominent musicians in folk and bluegrass music.
- Wilkes County Banjo Player Inducted into Hall of Fame," Winston-Salem Journal, January 27, 2009.
- "WKBC Begins Operation in North Wilkesboro, N.C." (PDF). Broadcasting. July 14, 1947. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WKBC
- Radio-Locator Information on WKBC
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WKBC
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|