|Broadcast area||North Atlanta|
|Slogan||Atlanta's Number 1 For Country|
|Frequency||101.5 MHz (also on HD Radio)
101.5 HD-2 for a mix of Country and Southern Rock
|First air date||1968 (as WBIE-FM)|
|Audience share||4.0 (Wi'08, R&R)|
|Callsign meaning||KHX = "Kicks"|
|Former callsigns||WBIE-FM (1968–1981)
|Affiliations||Cumulus Media Networks, Premiere Radio Networks|
(Radio License Holdings LLC)
|Sister stations||WYAY, WWWQ, WNNX, W255CJ, W250BC|
Listen Live via iHeart
WKHX-FM, known as "Kicks 101.5", is an Atlanta FM radio station that plays country music. Its city of license is Marietta, Georgia. It is owned by Cumulus Media. Its studios are located in Sandy Springs near the Georgia Highway 400 and Interstate 285 interchange, and transmits from a site in unincorporated DeKalb County, just west of Emory University.
Prior to becoming WKHX, 101.5 was country music station WBIE-FM (debuting in 1959). It was a companion to AM station WBIE 1080 kHz (later WCOB).  The station manager at the time, James M. Wilder, has a technology laboratory building named after him at Southern Polytechnic State University in Marietta. "Kicks" debuted in 1981 after Capital Cities Communications purchased the station. WKHX used to simulcast on AM 590, which is now Radio Disney. In 1995, ABC bought then rival country station WYAY 106.7, which is now "All News 106.7". The station was acquired by Citadel Broadcasting in 2007, and became a Cumulus Media station after that company purchased Citadel in 2011. In October 2011, WKHX changed its format from playing only "new country" music to mixing in older hits from the 1990s to the present.
Former on-air staff
- Bill Celler on air 1986–2009, previous digital content manager 2009-2011 for WKHX. Now doing traffic on All News 106.7
- Moby In The Morning 1990–2002. Currently hosts a syndicated country music morning show. Can be heard in the Atlanta area on South 93.5, WSRM in Rome.
- Ron Michaels former morning show producer, now Moby's sidekick on his syndicated morning show.
- Michael Bandy (Bandy & Bailey) Mornings 2002-2005, deceased December 20, 2008
- Jason Bailey (Bandy & Bailey) mornings 2002–2005, previously WLXX 92.9 FM The Bear, Lexington, Kentucky. Currently General Manager @ ESPN Lexington and midday personality on WCYO Coyote Country 100.7
- Craig Cornett mornings Nov 2005–April 2006, also at KSD 93.7 FM The Bull St. Louis, Missouri. Deceased 2012
- Evelyn Kay- afternoon drive traffic 2005-2012. Worked with Cadillac Jack, Wylie Rose and Bill Celler, and public affairs show host/producer & on-air fill-in Also afternoon traffic personality on sister station WYAY FM.
- KB Travis 1983–1986 currently operations manager at Dock 103.9 in Greensboro, Georgia
- Mac Berry host of Cryin' Lovin' or Leavin' late 1980s/Country Gold Saturday Night. Deceased January 2010.
- Deborah Richards news director 1990s through 2002 currently doing voice overs and teaching at Atlanta Broadcast Institute.
- Johnny West 2000–2002 evenings, overnights, afternoon drive fill-in for Cadillac Jack.
- Kevin O'Brien currently does production for WKHX and WYAY. Last country DJ heard on WYAY on 3/9/2008. Currently doing weekend traffic on All News 106.7.
- Ralph Morgan retired from sister station WYAY-FM.
- Gary Kinsey retired from WYAY in 2006.
- Jill Kelly 2002–2006 formerly with "Moby In The Morning".
- Al Hardee currently doing production for WKHX and WYAY and on the Music of Your Life Network as a show host.
- Randy Blake former host of Country Gold Saturday night, moved to Eagle 106.7 when the show moved there.
- AJ Cannon .
- TJ Kelley No longer on-air, Senior Business Consultant at Powell Broadcasting in Panama City Beach. Still does occasional voiceover work.
- Sandy Weaver Runs voiceover company, Voicework On Demand, Inc. Formerly middays @ Eagle 106.7 WYAY. Currently part of the Moby In the Morning radio networks, can also be heard on South 93.5 in Rome.
- Kristen Gates Currently at WUBL 94.9 the Bull in Atlanta. Early on was at WTSH-FM South 107 in Rome, Georgia and Star 94 with "Cindy & Ray".
- Jim Vann Former morning traffic reporter, fired in 2/29/2008. Author of the book "Who Died And Left You In Charge?."
- Wylie Rose (Melissa Meadows) Previously worked at WNGC-FM in Athens, GA.and previously mornings at WKDF Nashville 2009-2011.
- Buck In the Truck
- Shadow Stevens Former morning man on Kicks from 1987-89. Won Atlanta Radio Personality of the Year in 1988. Later moved to WLS-FM in Chicago using the name Steven Craig. Now a national voiceover actor known as Dave Crockett. Had been the tour voice for Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum and many others. Currently the voice for Capital One and Moen Faucets.
- Johnny Gray preceded Moby as morning show host, later became Music Director at WKHX and sister station WYAY.
- Freddie Brooks Former afternoon drive personality at sister station WYAY True Oldies 106.7 with Spiff Carner. Former voice featured in first two seasons of 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?'
- Scott Evans
- Rod Westin (May 1987 – September 1990)
- Melissa Miller Midday DJ at WKNK-FM Kick'n 103.5 in Panama City Beach, Florida.
- Andy Guzman former Promotions Director. Deceased.
- Ricks Zeiseg Currently morning show host at WYYU
- Greg Talmadge former am Traffic reporter, currently doing morning traffic on All News 106.7.
- Tim Michaels former afternoon drive 2009-2011.
- Sari Rose middays 2008-2012
- Leza Young weekends 1986-1993.
- "Atlanta Market Ratings". Radio & Records.
- Popular Music and Culture Collections, Georgia State University Special Collections and Archives