|Broadcast area||Bowling Green|
|Audience share||2.7 (Sp'07, R&R)|
|Former callsigns||WAUE (1997-1998)|
|Owner||Charles M. Anderson|
WKLX (100.7 FM) is a radio station broadcasting an Adult Hits format. The station is licensed to Brownsville, Kentucky, USA, and it serves the Bowling Green media market. The station is currently owned by Charles M. Anderson and is a part of the Commonwealth Broadcasting group of radio stations.
The station signed on the air as WAUE on June 1, 1997. It switched to it current WKLX callsign on July 10, 1998, which is about 11 months and 9 days after its inception. The Adult hits format has been part of the station since the call sign change of July 1998, when it adopted the branding "100.7 KLX." it was branded as "Star 100.7" during the mid-2000s. The current 100.7 Sam FM moniker was adopted in 2006.
Its transmitter is located along Kentucky Route 1749 near the Wingfield community of southwestern Edmonson County. It currently shares tower space with low-powered television station WCZU-LD, since Spring 2014.
WKLX actually utilizes a non-structured music playlist as an Adult Hits station, a practice similar to that of Murfreesboro, Tennessee-licensed WCJK, 96.3 Jack FM in Nashville. The station is the flagship station of WKU Hilltoppers basketball broadcasts from the Hilltopper IMG Sports Network.
In addition to the main station, WKLX is relayed by an additional translator to widen its broadcast area.
|City of license||ERP
|W261BD||100.1||Bowling Green, Kentucky||250||D||FCC|
- "Bowling Green Market Ratings". Radio & Records.
- WKLX Facility Record United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- WKLX Call Sign History. United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Radio stations in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Radio-Locator.com. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WKLX
- Radio-Locator information on WKLX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WKLX
|This article about a radio station in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|