|Broadcast area||Central Delaware|
|Branding||88.7 The Bridge|
|First air date||2009|
|ERP||25,000 watts (vert.)|
|HAAT||98.1 meters (322 feet)|
|Owner||The Bridge of Hope, Inc.|
WKNZ broadcasts an adult Contemporary Christian music format, serving Central Delmarva. The primary focus of the station is to bring people of different Christian denominations together, to strengthen families and churches through positive and uplifting music and to offer hope to people trying to find their way through difficult situations.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on January 25, 2008. The new station was assigned the call letters WKNZ by the FCC on June 9, 2008.
In July 2009 the station unveiled its new name, logo and slogan: 88.7fm The Bridge, Connecting, Strengthening. Originally planned to launch in the first quarter of 2010, WKNZ began regular broadcast operations on Tuesday, December 7, 2010, at 10:00 a.m.
- Varrine, Patrick (September 17, 2008). "Georgetown chamber economic development notes". Sussex Countian.
- "Making Moves: Monday Afternoon". Radio-Info.com. July 14, 2008.
A group led by Christian broadcaster Bill Sammons will launch a non-commercial religious station in Harrington, Delaware outside of Dover, on WKNZ-FM (88.7).
- "About Us/Contact Info". 88.7 The Bridge. Retrieved November 19, 2010.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19980320MD)". FCC Media Bureau. January 25, 2008.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- WKNZ official website
- WKNZ construction blog
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WKNZ
- Radio-Locator information on WKNZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WKNZ
|This article about a radio station in Delaware is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|