|Broadcast area||Sunbury-Selinsgrove-Lewisburg, Pennsylvania|
|Branding||Newsradio 1070 WKOK|
|Slogan||News all day. Sports all night.|
|First air date||May 1933|
|Power||10,000 watts daytime
1,000 watts nighttime (DA)
|Former frequencies||1210 kHz[unreliable source?]
1240 kHz[unreliable source?]
|Affiliations||CBS, CBS Sports, Accuweather|
|Owner||Sunbury Broadcasting Corporation|
|Sister stations||WEGH, WVLY-FM, WQKX, WMLP|
WKOK (1070 kHz) is a commercial AM radio station licensed to serve Sunbury, Pennsylvania. The station is owned by Sunbury Broadcasting Corporation and broadcasts a combination news/talk and sports radio format. Its directional broadcast tower array is located near Shikellamy State Park at ( ).
The news/talk format is broadcast during the daytime, during which it is affiliated with the CBS Radio Network. The station switches to a sports radio format at night and for most of the weekend, carrying CBS Sports Radio network programming. Accuweather forecasts on WKOK are distributed by United Stations Radio Networks. Despite its "Newsradio" branding, the station airs several talk radio programs in the daytime including the locally produced On the Mark and WKOK Sunrise programs, as well as several syndicated programs including The Dan Patrick Show, The Dave Ramsey Show, The Steve Jones Show and The Kim Komando Show.
The station signed on for the first time in May 1933 after Sunbury Broadcasting Corporation purchased the license for WJBU from Bucknell University and transferred it to Sunbury. Originally a 100-watt station, power was later increased to 250 watts and finally to 10,000 watts in 1963, along with a change in frequency to 1070 kHz.
- "U. S. Radio Stations as of Jan. 1, 1934". History of American Broadcasting. Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- "U. S. AM Stations as of 1942". History of American Broadcasting. Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- "AM Query Results for WKOK". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- "Program Schedule". Newsradio 1070 WKOK. Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- "History". Sunbury Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WKOK
- Radio-Locator Information on WKOK
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WKOK
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|