|City||Fort Deposit, Alabama|
|Broadcast area||Montgomery, Alabama|
|Branding||The Big Station|
|Slogan||We're In It To Win It!|
|Repeater(s)||102.7 W274BG (Montgomery)|
|First air date||July 18, 1977|
|HAAT||69 meters (226 feet)|
|Owner||Autaugaville Radio, Inc.|
WKXN (95.7 FM, "The Big Station") is a radio station licensed to the community of Fort Deposit, Alabama, United States, and serving the Montgomery, Alabama, area. The station is owned by Autaugaville Radio, Inc. It airs an Urban Contemporary music format. The station's programming is simulcast by sister station WKXK.
In September 1994, original owners WKXN, Inc., made a deal to sell this station to Autaugaville Radio, Inc. The deal was approved by the FCC on November 17, 1994, and the transaction was consummated on November 23, 1994.
WKXN previously broadcast into Montgomery via a translator, W300AN at 107.9. This ended when class C3 outlet WMRK-FM signed on at that frequency in April 2009. A change of frequency to 102.7 was later approved, and it became W274BG.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WKXN
- Radio-Locator information on WKXN
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WKXN
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W274BG
- Radio-Locator information on W274BG
- The Big Station - DJs and Nosey Neighbors in Montgomery, Alabama (website for film about WKXN/WKXK)
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|