|Broadcast area||Muskegon, Michigan|
|Branding||92.5 Nash Icon|
|Slogan||" All the music that made country great and the best of today" .|
|First air date||July 29, 2005|
|Callsign meaning||The OutLAW (former branding)|
Cumulus Media |
(Radio License Holding CBC, LLC)
|Sister stations||WLCS, WQGA, WVIB, WKLQ|
WLAW (92.5 FM), known as "92.5 Nash Icon", is a radio station located in Newaygo, Michigan, owned by Cumulus Media. It transmits on a frequency of 92.5 Megahertz. Since 2006, the format has been country music.
The WLAW call letters originally stood for the city of Lawrence in Massachusetts. WLAW first went on the air on December 19, 1937, at 680 on the AM dial. It was owned and operated by Hildreth and Rogers, publishers of the Lawrence Daily Eagle and Evening Tribune. The owners also acquired an FM station: WLAW-FM was officially dedicated on November 10, 1947. WLAW opened a Boston studio on Tremont Street in the theater district in the early 1940s. In mid-1951, WLAW and WLAW-FM moved to new studios at the Hotel Bradford in Boston. In June 1953, WLAW and WLAW-FM ceased to exist in the Boston market, having been sold to WNAC in May.
On August 15, 2014, WLAW became one of the first stations to join the "Nash Icon" network as 92.5 Nash Icon. With the change, 92.5 kept part of the classic country artists, but added more music from newer country artists.
History of call letters
The call letters WLAW originally were assigned to an AM station located in Lawrence, Massachusetts that went on the air in 1937.
- "1000 New Watts." Broadcasting Magazine, December 15, 1937, p. 76.
- "WLAW-FM Takes the Air." Broadcasting Magazine, November 17, 1947, p. 54.
- "WLAW Studios." Broadcasting Magazine, June 11, 1951, p. 39.
- "Modification of License." Broadcasting Magazine, July 2, 1951, p. 81.
- "Ownership Changes." Broadcasting Magazine, May 18, 1953, p. 97.
- "WLAW-FM Takes the Air On 93.7 mc at Lawrence" (PDF). Broadcasting. November 17, 1947. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WLAW
- Radio-Locator information on WLAW
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WLAW
|This article about a radio station in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|