|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|City||Laconia, New Hampshire|
|Broadcast area||Belknap County; Carroll County; Grafton County; Strafford County; Merrimack County, New Hampshire|
|Slogan||"New Hampshire's BIG Variety"|
|First air date||November 22, 1965|
|Format||Hot adult contemporary|
|HAAT||547 meters (1,795 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||Laconia, New Hampshire|
(WBIN Media Co., Inc.)
|Sister stations||WBIN-TV, WEMJ, WFNQ, WJYY, WNNH, WNHW, WYCN-CD|
WLNH-FM (98.3 FM) — branded 98-3 LNH — is a radio station located in Gilford, New Hampshire, United States. The station broadcasts to the Lakes Region and Concord, New Hampshire. The format is Hot Adult Contemporary music, and on air it is identified as "New Hampshire's Big Variety". WLNH is owned by Binnie Media.
WLNH is known for its statewide competition, New Hampshire Idol. A smaller version of the highly successful American Idol, NH Idol is a singing competition for residents in New Hampshire aged 16 – 30. The 2006 winner was Jacob Heal, who won the grand prize of having a demo CD produced by Jimmy Landry who is an A&R consultant and In-house Producer for Virgin Records.
Every December, the WLNH Children's Auction, a nationally registered 501(c)(3) organization, organizes the long-standing WLNH Children's Auction. WLNH is a major contributor to the WLNH Children's Auction. In 2005, WLNH was able to raise $181,000 for the local community. Over the last 25 years, WLNH has brought in over $1 million for the community. The WLNH Children's Auction relies heavily on the community and local organizations for help. Contributors generously gave over 2,300 items in 2005.
WLNH-FM, along with 16 other stations in northern New England formerly owned by Nassau Broadcasting Partners, was purchased at bankruptcy auction by WBIN Media Company, a company controlled by Bill Binnie, on May 22, 2012. Binnie already owns WBIN-TV in Derry and WYCN-CD in Nashua. The deal was completed on November 30, 2012.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-279. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "Carlisle Capital Corp. Wins Bidding For Rest Of Nassau Stations". All Access. May 22, 2012. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "WBIN Media acquires 17 N.E. radio stations". New Hampshire Union Leader. May 23, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Kitch, Michael (December 1, 2012). "Binnie closes on purchase of WLNH". Laconia Daily Sun. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WLNH
- Radio-Locator information on WLNH
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WLNH
|This article about a radio station in New Hampshire is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|