|Broadcast area||Columbus, Ohio|
|Slogan||"Radio For Life"|
|First air date||1999|
|HAAT||91 meters (299 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||Where Light Reaches You|
|Owner||Arcangel Broadcasting Foundation|
WLRY (88.9 FM) is a non-commercial radio station licensed to serve Rushville, Ohio, United States. The station, established in 1999, is owned by the Arcangel Broadcasting Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. WLRY currently airs a Contemporary Christian format of music and talk under the slogan "Radio for Life".
WLRY broadcasts a Christian radio format featuring Christian talk and educational programs plus contemporary Christian music to the greater Columbus, Ohio, area. Local programming includes a weekday morning show called O'Riley in the Morning featuring Mike O'Riley with music, local information and special guests. Syndicated programming includes Focus on the FamilyThe Urban Alternative with Tony Evans, Turning Point with David Jeremiah, Walk in the Word hosted by Dr. James MacDonald and the drama/comedy Adventures in Odyssey. Locally originated programs include ''pASS The Salt'' with the "Crossdressing Coach," Dame Dave Daubenmire, "Musical Truths" with host Even Steven, "Friday Night Rock Block", featuring classic Christian rock from the 70's, 80's & 90's and The Full Armor of God Broadcast.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on May 19, 1998. The new station was assigned the WLRY call sign by the FCC on June 22, 1998. WLRY received its license to cover from the FCC on December 7, 1999.
In August 2005, WLRY applied to the FCC to change its licensed broadcast frequency from 88.5 MHz to 88.9 MHz in an effort to improve the coverage area of its signal. The FCC granted the station a new construction permit to authorize this change on February 16, 2006. WRLY received a license to cover these changes on December 14, 2006.
The Full Armor of God Broadcast Christian metal/rock show relocated from Cleveland, Ohio, in 2007 and broadcast from the station until relocating to Atlanta, Georgia in 2009, but continues to be syndicated on WLRY.
Awards and honors
Dave Daubenmire, host of Pass the Salt on WLRY, won a 2009 Excellence In Media Award as part of the 2009 Obadiah Awards. The Full Armor of God Broadcast received multiple Malone University Radio Awards from 2007 through 2009 for "Excellence in Broadcasting".
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- "Radio for Life Program Guide". WLRY 88.9. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19970506ME)". FCC Media Bureau. May 19, 1998.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-19990201KC)". FCC Media Bureau. December 7, 1999.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-20050823ACJ)". FCC Media Bureau. February 16, 2006.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-20061023ABI)". FCC Media Bureau. December 14, 2006.
- "Full Armor of God Broadcast". Retrieved March 31, 2012.
- Hartline, James (January 4, 2009). "2009 Obadiah Awards For Outstanding Christian Activism". California Christian News.
- . January 4, 2011 http://www.malone.edu/academics/arts-and-sciences/communication-arts/malone-university-radio.php. Missing or empty