|Broadcast area||Green Bay, Wisconsin|
|Translator(s)||W283DD (104.5 MHz, Marinette)|
|First air date||8 October 1939|
|Power||250 watts day|
100 watts night
|Owner||Radio Plus Bay Cities, LLC|
|Sister stations||WAGN, WHYB, WLST, WSFQ|
WMAM (570 AM) is a class D AM radio station in Marinette, Wisconsin, serving the Marinette/Menominee, Michigan area. They operate omnidirectionally with a daytime power of 250 watts and a reduced nighttime power of 100 watts.
Although presently classified as a Class D station, this station was originally classified as a "Class C [Class IV; Local] station 'grandfathered' as operating on a Class B [Class III; Regional] channel" one of only two such stations in the U.S. Official FCC license note: "CLASS IV ON REGIONAL CHANNEL; SEE §73.29"
WMAM currently carries ESPN Radio.
- 1939: M & M Broadcasting, Inc.
- 1956: Guild Films Co. purchases both WMAM and WMBV-TV
- (Year Unknown): Quicksilver Broadcasting, LLC
- 2006: Armada Media – Menominee, Inc. a.k.a. Armada Media Corporation
- 2014: Radio Plus Bay Cities, LLC
A notable personality at WMAM was Howard Emich, who worked at WMAM from 1940 to 1980. Known as "Marinette’s Newsman", he delivered over 10,000 news broadcasts and was inducted into the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame in 1998.
- "New Stations", Radio Service Bulletin, September 1, 1922, page 4.
- "Strike out all particulars", Radio Service Bulletin, November 1, 1923, page 9.
- History of Wisconsin AM stations Accessed 2 November 2011.
- Portage County Historical Society of Wisconsin. Wisconsin Radio – What’s In The Call Letters? Accessed 2 November 2011.
- Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame: Howard Emich. Accessed 2 November 2011.
- Broadcasting Publications Inc. WOPI TV BID 'NOT FILED IN GOOD FAITH', WCYB TELLS FCC IN PLEA FOR GRANT (Broadcasting – Telecasting. March 9, 1953.) pp. 40–44. Accessed 2 November 2011.
- fox11online.com Station History (11 Oct 2008). Accessed 2 November 2011
- The Billboard. Guild Films Buys Stations. Jun 16, 1956. Accessed 2 November 2011
- Armada Media website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WMAM
- Radio-Locator Information on WMAM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WMAM