|City||Wilmington, North Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Wilmington, North Carolina|
|Translator(s)||101.7 W240AS (Wilmington)|
|First air date||1935|
|Power||800 watts day
1,000 watts night
|Owner||Capitol Broadcasting Company|
|Sister stations||WAZO, WKXB, WUIN, WILT|
The radio station carries the games of the Cape Fear Rugby Football Club.
WMFD was Wilmington's first radio station. The call letters have not changed since 1941.
In May 1996, Community Broadcasting sold WMFD, WUOY, and WBMS radio stations to a new company called Ocean Broadcasting. At this time, WMFD added Dr. Laura Schlessinger and The Fabulous Sports Babe, as well as CNN News part of the time.
|City of license||ERP
|W240AS||101.7||Wilmington, North Carolina||250||D||FCC|
- http://www.alhardee.net/entertainment.html, Retrieved on 2008/07/24.
- Kristina Bartlett, "WUOY-FM, WMFD-AM AND WBMS-AM / Stations Sold to Ocean Broadcasting; New Company Purchases 3 Wilmington Radio Stations," Star-News, May 17, 1996.
- Toby Eddings, "Imus on a local station? Not yet," The Sun News, Jan. 14, 1999.
- Chuck Carree, "Waves Baseball; Sports Station to Carry All Games," Star-News, November 16, 2000.
- Bonnie Eksten, "Ocean Broadcasting, Sea-Comm Stations Sold to NextMedia - New Owner to Operate Locally," Star-News, July 14, 2004.
- http://www.wral.com/business/story/3215727/, Retrieved on 2008/09/22.
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WMFD
- Radio-Locator Information on WMFD
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WMFD
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W240AS
- Radio-Locator information on W240AS
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|