|City||Arecibo, Puerto Rico|
|Branding||MIA 1070 Radio Arecibo|
|Slogan||La MIA es WAPA Radio|
|First air date||March 14, 1957|
510 watts (day)|
2,500 watts (night)
Grupo AM Puerto Rico |
(Wifredo G. Blanco-Pi)
WMIA (1070 AM) is a radio station licensed to serve Arecibo, Puerto Rico. The station is owned by Wifredo G. Blanco Pi and it is part of the WAPA Radio News Network. It airs a News/Talk format and features programming from CNN Radio.
In 1957, WMIA begins operations on 1070 kHz, WMIA was owned and operated by Abacoa Radio Corporation until April 2017.
On March 2, 2017, Wifredo G. Blanco Pi reached an agreement to purchase WMIA from Abacoa Radio Corp. The sale was completed on April 12, 2017.
This becomes the fifth station of the WAPA Radio News Network.
The WAPA Radio Network now consists of six radio stations across the island, WAPA 680 in San Juan, WMIA 1070 in Arecibo, WISO 1260 in Ponce, WTIL 1300 in Mayaguez, WXRF 1590 in Guayama and WVOZ 1580 in Aguadilla.
- Jacobs, George (2007). National Radio: Puerto Rico (US Associated). World Radio TV Handbook 2007: The Directory of Global Broadcasting. Billboard Books. pp. 305–306. ISBN 0-8230-5997-9.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on March 1, 2010.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WMIA
- Radio-Locator Information on WMIA
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WMIA
- "WMIA, R. Arecibo, PR, 1966". Station Identifications.
|This article about a radio station in Puerto Rico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|