|City||Arecibo, Puerto Rico|
|Branding||MIA 1070 Radio Arecibo|
|First air date||March 14, 1957|
|Format||Variety, Sports, Talk, Christian, Music|
|Power||500 watts (day)
2,500 watts (night)
(Wifredo G. Blanco-Pi)
WMIA (1070 AM) is a radio station licensed to serve Arecibo, Puerto Rico. The station is owned by NotiRadio Broadcasting and starting on May 1, 2017, WMIA will be part of the WAPA Radio News Network. It airs a News/Talk format and will features programming from CNN Radio.
In 1957, WMIA begins operations on 1070 Khz, broadcasting regional programming and musical selections sponsored by Publicidad Rivera. WMIA was owned and operated by Abacoa Radio Corporation, a Puerto Rican company founded by the Pirallo-Lopez family, since the late 1950s. Their offices are located at 1168 Miramar Avenue Arecibo, Puerto Rico.
On March 2, 2017, Wifredo G. Blanco Pi reached an agreement to purchase WMIA from Abacoa Radio Corp. The sale price was $250,000. The application to transfer the license was granted on April 12, 2017. WMIA continued their regular programming until the transaction closes, On May 1, 2017. The sale was completed on April 16, 2017.
This could become the fifth station of the WAPA Radio News Network.
- Jacobs, George (2007). National Radio: Puerto Rico (US Associated). World Radio TV Handbook 2007: The Directory of Global Broadcasting. Billboard Books. pp. 305–306. ISBN 0-8230-5997-9.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on March 1, 2010.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License - Federal Communications Commission
- Consummation Notice - Federal Communications Commission
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WMIA
- Radio-Locator Information on WMIA
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WMIA
- "WMIA, R. Arecibo, PR, 1966". Station Identifications.
|This article about a radio station in Puerto Rico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|