|City||Mount Vernon, Illinois|
|Branding||News Talk 940|
|First air date||1946|
|Format||News/Talk & Adult standards|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
1,500 watts (night)
|Owner||Withers Broadcasting Companies
(Withers Broadcasting Company of Illinois, LLC)
|Sister stations||WDDD-FM, WFRX, WHET, WMIX-FM, WTAO-FM, WVZA|
WMIX (940 AM, "News Talk 940") is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Mount Vernon, Illinois. The station is owned by Withers Broadcasting Companies and the WMIX broadcast license is held by Withers Broadcasting Company of Illinois, LLC.
Withers Broadcasting registered the "WMIX" branding as a registered trademark, which prevents other stations, many of them carrying some sort of Mix FM format, from using WMIX as a branding without permission.
WMIX broadcasts a news/talk radio format branded "News Talk 940" plus adult standards music in the evening and overnight. As of January 2012[update], local programming includes a morning drive program hosted by Jeff Rollins and Carl Hampton in mid-days. Syndicated programming includes The Rush Limbaugh Show, Jim Bohannon, plus adult standards music blocks hosted by Chick Watkins and Don Reid from Dial Global's "America's Best Music" radio network.
WMIX programming is also carried on a pair of broadcast translator stations to extend or improve the coverage area of the station.
|City of license||ERP
|W229AU||93.7 FM||Fairfield, Illinois||250||D||FCC|
|W243AV||96.5 FM||Mount Vernon, Illinois||210||D||FCC|
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Media Bureau. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- Justia Trademarks: "WMIX - Trademark Details"
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- "Air Staff". WMIX 94 AM&FM Radio. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- WMIX official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WMIX
- Radio-Locator Information on WMIX
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WMIX
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|