|City||North Adams, Massachusetts|
|Broadcast area||Berkshire County|
|Branding||1230 AM WNAW|
|Slogan||Your Hometown Station|
|First air date||November 23, 1947|
|Power||1,000 watts unlimited|
|Former callsigns||WMNB (1947–1988)|
|Affiliations||ABC News Radio, Boston Red Sox Radio Network|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Pittsfield License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WBEC, WBEC-FM, WSBS, WUPE, WUPE-FM|
WNAW (1230 AM) is a radio station broadcasting an Adult Contemporary format. Licensed to North Adams, Massachusetts, United States, the station serves northern Berkshire County. The station is owned by Townsquare Media (through licensee subsidiary Townsquare Media Pittsfield License, LLC), and features programming from ABC News Radio.
In August 2013, Gamma Broadcasting reached a deal to sell its Berkshire County radio stations, including WNAW, to Reed Miami Holdings; the sale was canceled on December 30, 2013. In October 2016, Gamma agreed to sell its stations to Galaxy Communications; that sale also fell through, and in 2017 the stations were acquired by Townsquare Media.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-212. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "WNAW Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Western Massachusetts Cluster Sold". All Access. August 23, 2013. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- Venta, Lance (January 14, 2014). "Pittsfield Cluster Sale Withdrawn". RadioInsight. Retrieved March 30, 2014.
- Venta, Lance (October 17, 2016). "Galaxy Communications Acquires Pittsfield Cluster". RadioInsight. Retrieved April 19, 2017.
- Venta, Lance (July 18, 2017). "Townsquare Media Acquires Six In Massachusetts". RadioInsight. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WNAW
- Radio-Locator Information on WNAW
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WNAW
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|