|Broadcast area||Springfield, Massachusetts|
|First air date||February 17, 1976|
|Last air date||April 1, 2014|
|Callsign meaning||Western New England K(college)|
|Former callsigns||WTRZ (1976–1979)|
|Owner||Western New England University|
WNEK-FM (105.1 FM) was a radio station broadcasting an Educational format. Licensed to Springfield, Massachusetts, US, the station served as a student-run organization. The station was owned by Western New England University. WNEK-FM went streaming on the internet on April 14, 2010. WNEK-FM did not file to renew its license by December 2, 2013; instead, on March 26, 2014, Western New England University informed the Federal Communications Commission that the station's license would be allowed to expire on April 1. The station originally held the call sign WTRZ, named after Dean of Students Theodore R. Zern; it became WNEK-FM in 1979. Before its last presence on 105.1, WNEK (WTRZ) was located at 89.1, 97.5, and 99.7.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-213. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- "Call Letter Origins". Radio History on the Web.
- "WNEK-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WNEK-FM Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- F.C.C. Daily Releases-April 1, 2014. Retrieved April 3, 2014.
- Smith, Cheryl I. (March 26, 2014). "RE: Your file number BLED-19930405KA WNEK" (PDF). CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WNEK
- Radio-Locator information on WNEK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WNEK
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|