|Broadcast area||Metro Chicago|
|Branding||La Que Buena 105.1|
|Slogan||Con Orgullo Mexicano|
|Frequency||105.1 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Format||Regional Mexican; HD-2 for WVIV/WVIX simulcast; HD-3 for WRTO-AM simulcast|
|Audience share||4.2 (Sp'08, R&R)|
(Tichenor License Corporation)
|Sister stations||WOJO, WPPN, WRTO-AM, WVIV
Also part of the Univision Cluster: TV Stations WXFT and WGBO
WOJO (105.1 FM) "La Que Buena 105.1" is a radio station broadcasting a regional Mexican format. Licensed to Evanston, Illinois, USA, the station serves the Chicago area. The station is currently owned by Tichenor License Corporation.
- HD1 is a digital simulcast of the traditional (analog) broadcast.
- HD2 is a simulcast of "Latino Mix" WVIV/WVIX-FM.
- HD3 is a simulcast of Spanish news/talk sister station WRTO-AM 
Radio Maria Chicago, a Spanish-language unit of Radio Maria USA, a Catholic radio network, is also broadcast on WOJO's FM subcarrier. Radio Maria Chicago commenced broadcasting on the WOJO subcarrier and online on December 8, 2008.
The station began broadcasting as WEAW in 1947, named for owner Edward A. Wheeler. The call sign officially became WEAW-FM in 1953 when a companion AM station was launched. WEAW-FM carried a variety of programs aimed at the Evanston community and brokered ethnic broadcasts, but most of its revenue came from leasing its subcarriers to Muzak and other users.
In 1969 one of station owner Wheeler's companies secured the rights to manage the transmission tower atop the new John Hancock Center in Chicago. WEAW-FM began transmitting from the Hancock in 1970. In 1971 and 1972 the station was the flagship of the Chicago White Sox radio network. By late 1972 most of the station's programming was in Spanish, and its callsign was changed to WOJO. In 1983 WOJO was sold to Tichenor Media, which merged into current owner Univision Radio in 1997.
- "Chicago Market Ratings". Radio & Records.
- "WOJO Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WOJO Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "HD Radio Station Guide". HD Radio. iBiquity.
- http://www.hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=25 HD Radio Guide for Chicago
- Official site of WOJO "La Buena 105.1 FM" (with streaming audio)
- Official Radio Maria Chicago site (with streaming audio)
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WOJO
- Radio-Locator information on WOJO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WOJO
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|