|Broadcast area||Marion-Carbondale (IL) area|
|Branding||New Country Z100|
|First air date||February 13, 1981|
|Audience share||9.9 (Fa'06, R&R)|
|Former callsigns||WEBQ-FM (1981-1989)|
(MRR License LLC)
|Sister stations||WCIL, WCIL-FM, WUEZ, WJPF, WXLT|
WOOZ-FM (99.9 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a Country music format. Licensed to Harrisburg, Illinois, United States, the station serves the Marion-Carbondale (IL) area. The station is currently owned by Max Media and licensed to MRR License LLC.
The station was assigned the call letters WEBQ-FM on 1981-02-13. On 1989-08-02, the station changed its call sign to the current WOOZ-FM.
In December 2003, Mississippi River Radio, acting as Max Media LLC (John Trinder, president/COO), reached an agreement to purchase WCIL, WCIL-FM, WJPF, WOOZ-FM, WUEZ, WXLT, KCGQ-FM, KEZS-FM, KGIR, KGKS, KJEZ, KKLR-FM, KLSC, KMAL, KSIM, KWOC, and KZIM from the Zimmer Radio Group (James L. Zimmer, owner). The reported value of this 17 station transaction was $43 million.
- "Marion-Carbondale (IL) Market Ratings". Radio & Records.
- "WOOZ-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WOOZ Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Homan, John D. (2003-12-19). "Zimmer sells 17 radio stations". Southern Illinoisan.
The Zimmer Radio Group, a family-owned media company, announced Wednesday it will sell 17 of its 32 stations [...] to Mississippi River Radio.
- "Changing Hands - 1/12/2004". Broadcasting & Cable. 2004-01-12.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WOOZ
- Radio-Locator information on WOOZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WOOZ
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|