|Slogan||"Your Music, Your Community."|
|First air date||1956|
|Format||Adult Album Alternative|
|HAAT||98 meters (322 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||Our Virgin Mary (former religious branding)|
|Former callsigns||WLFM (until 09/20/2005)|
|Owner||Music That Matters, Inc.|
From 1956 to 2005, the station was owned by Lawrence University and bore the call letters WLFM, airing National Public Radio programming and Wisconsin Public Radio's Ideas network. Starboard Media purchased the station in the summer of 2005, changed the calls to WOVM and switched the station to its Relevant Radio Catholic religious programming. WLFM continues on as a student-run Internet radio station featuring a wide variety of music and talk, broadcast from Lawrence University.
In 2014, WOVM held a one million dollar fundraiser to continue its operation and by the beginning of 2015 it raised over $700,000 from listeners and business supporters which was enough to keep it running through the end of the year. It retained as part of its mission to support non-profit organizations.
From February 2009 to June 2011, WOVM aired a mix of blues, traditional and smooth jazz, lounge, and swing music. The format segued to Gold based Adult Album Alternative in June 2011.
- "Relevant Radio Purchases WLFM". Relevant Radio (Press release). 2005-09-21.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "WLFM Radio". Lawrence University.
- "Deals - 5/5/2008". Broadcasting & Cable. 2008-05-05.
- "Transactions: 6-13-2008". Radio Business Report. 2008-06-13.
- Soffer, Sari (3 January 2015). "91.1 The Avenue to broadcast through 2015". WBAY.