WOWvx is a type of monitor screen and software tools manufactured by Philips and other companies that offers 3D images without glasses for several viewers at a time. A range of professional 3D displays for the advertising, entertainment and 3D visualization are available. WOWvx uses the 3D format called 2D-plus-depth that has a greyscale depth map next to each 2D frame.
Philips allowed a new offshoot company, Dimenco n.v., to manage sales of 3D glasses-free displays (such as the model 42-3D6W02) in March 2009. The company has now expanded the range of models up to Ultra high resolution large screen models.
Philips plans to introduce glasses-free 3DTV for consumers and in this regard presented a new Ultra high definition 60" TV at the CES 2013 show "Review". This model is claimed to be a final prototype, and the official release date is pending release.
- Mediastation UK producer of video and interactive flash based content for WOWvx displays.
- Depth3D Developer of 3D content for WOWvx displays
- WOWvx plug-in for 3ds Max Professional WOWvx plug-in for 3ds Max to create 3D content.
- SquareZero - Design & Animation for WowVx Squarezero is an official content provider for the Philips WOWvx auto- stereoscopic 3d displays.
- Skillboard.com - Design & 3D Animation for WOWvx Producer for WOWvx autostereoscopic content based in Austria.
- Timmagine's WowVx Commercial site in Italy
- Inition's WowVx Commercial site in UK Specifications, downloads and videos of Philips WowVx products
- WOWvx community site, sponsored by Philips 3DSolutions
- website Philips 3D Solutions with technology background info
- website Dimenco, new venture founded by former Philips 3D Solutions employees that develop further on the Philips 3D technology)
- website of WOWFly, a Chinese manufacturer of 3D displays using the technologies licensed from Philips