|City||Schuyler Falls, New York|
|Broadcast area||Burlington, Vermont/ Plattsburgh, New York|
|First air date||November 2004|
|Format||Classical music and Opera|
|Callsign meaning||Homage to WQXR|
|Former callsigns||WAVX (2004-2007)|
(American Public Media, National Public Radio, Public Radio International)
|Owner||Vermont Public Radio|
WOXR (90.9 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a Classical music format. Licensed to Schuyler Falls, New York, United States, the station is currently owned by Vermont Public Radio as the flagship station of the VPR Classical network.
The station went on the air as WAVX in November 2004, a contemporary Christian music station owned by Christian Ministries. WAVX was sold to Vermont Public Radio in 2007 to fund upgrades at sister station WGLY-FM (the "Wave" format would subsequently move to a HD Radio subchannel of WGLY). Christian Ministries ended its operation of the station on August 29, with VPR relaunching the station as the flagship station of VPR Classical two days later. The callsign was changed to WOXR, a homage to WQXR-FM in New York City, on September 26.
|City of license||ERP
- Fybush, Scott (August 27, 2007). "VPR Doubles Up in Burlington Market". NorthEast Radio Watch. Retrieved April 27, 2010.
- "WOXR Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Fybush, Scott (November 29, 2004). "New Sounds for Nova Scotia and N.B." NorthEast Radio Watch. Retrieved April 27, 2010.
- Fybush, Scott (June 18, 2007). "Barnicle Out at Boston's WTKK". NorthEast Radio Watch. Retrieved April 27, 2010.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved April 27, 2010.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WOXR
- Radio-Locator information on WOXR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WOXR
|This article about a radio station in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|